Nanotechnology is one of six Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) in the current European industrial policy. An extensive European mandate M461 for developing standards on nanotechnology-related topics is under way.
In the frame of the M461 mandate, a second Open Meeting on (Standardisation for) Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials is organised by CEN/TC 352 "Nanotechnologies" in collaboration with CEN CENELEC Management Centre (CCMC), the European Commission (EC). The meeting will take place on the 20th of June 2017 in Malta.
The aim of the Meeting is to present progress of the work within mandate M461. The main CEN Technical Committees (TC) involved (TC 352 on Nanotechnologies, TC 195 on Air filters for general air cleaning, and TC 137 on Assessment of workplace exposure to chemical and biological agents), will show and explain their preliminary results. Poster sessions on standards under preparation will allow a direct dialogue between participants and experts.
Also a Round Table will be organized with practitioners, researchers and policy makers on e.g.:
- The role of standardisation in the acquisition of reliable nanomaterial data and in the curation of data into interoperable nanomaterial databases.
- How to anticipate and address risks raised by nanotechnologies?
- Needs for standardization in the framework of EMPIR or Horizon 2020.
- Applications of nanomaterials in control technology including nanofiber filters
- Application of control technologies in nanomaterial manufacturing plants
The discussion will also be focused on the overview of Research projects and their impact to the Standardization activities.
Toxicity, Ecotoxicity and the Environment will be addressed in collaboration with EC representatives.
The steering and organising committees are finalizing the programme and the venue in Malta, but we already invite you to save the date for this one-day meeting and circulate this document to your entire network.
This conference is open to everyone who registers in advance, and participation is free of charge. You will be informed when the registration starts.